Flu vaccinations are still available. If you fall into one of the groups below, please book an appointment with one of our Treatment Room nurses. Please note that you can not be given the vaccine if you are feeling unwell or have a sore throat.
You are eligible to receive the flu vaccine from the practice if you are:
- Over 65 years old
- Under 65 years old and are in any of the following at risk groups:
- Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Chronic Neurological Disease
- Immunosuppression - patients undergoing chemotherapy or those on medication that suppresses their immune system.
- Pregnant women
- Morbid Obesity - BMI>40
- People living in Long Stay Residential Care Homes
- Preschool children (DOB 2/7/14 - 1/9/16) -clinics have been set up with our Treatment Room Nurses. Parents/guardians will receive letters inviting them to contact the surgery to make a suitable appointment.
- Primary School children will be offered the vaccine in school.