Patient information regarding the prescribing of certain medications
- Sleeping tablets are not prescribed routinely, never long-term and will not be prescribed repeatedly.
- Diazepam and Oxazepam use is avoided at all times and prescribed very rarely in cases of mental health illness, and under strict supervision and continuous review.
- Painkillers are prescribed only for a specific reason, never long-term unless a serious underlying illness exists, and never as effervescent or dissolving form.
- Codeine based painkillers such as Kapake or Solpadol are not routinely prescribed.
- Anti-depressant medication will only be prescribed in cases of mental health illness and following consultation with a GP.