Flu Clinics 2018
Our Flu clinics will be held on:
Friday 5th October 2018 & Friday 9th November 2018
between 9.30am - 12.30pm and 2.30pm - 5.00pm
You are eligible to receive the flu vaccine from the practice if you are:
- Over 65 years old
- Under 65 years old and are in any of the following at risk groups:
- Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Chronic Neurological Disease
- Immunosuppression - patients undergoing chemotherapy or those on medication that suppresses their immune system.
- Pregnant women
- Morbid Obesity - BMI>40
- People living in Long Stay Residential Care Homes
- Preschool children (DOB 2/7/14 - 1/9/16) -clinics have been set up with our Treatment Room Nurses. Parents/guardians will receive letters inviting them to contact the surgery to make a suitable appointment.
- Primary School children will be offered the vaccine in school.
NB: FLUAD Vaccination for patients aged 65 years old and over. This year patients aged 65 years and over will be offered the FLUAD vaccination. As stated in recent press releases practices are receiving this vaccination in staggered deliveries which means our supply may run out during our clinics. If this happens we will have to ask you to return for the vaccine when we receive our next delivery.