Flu Clinics 2019
Our Flu clinics will be held on:
Friday 8th November 2019 & Friday 22nd November 2019
between 9.30am - 12.30pm and 2.00pm - 5.30pm
You are eligible to receive the flu vaccine from the practice if you are:
- Over 65 years old
- Under 65 years old and are in any of the following at risk groups:
- Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Chronic Neurological Disease
- Immunosuppression - patients undergoing chemotherapy or those on medication that suppresses their immune system.
- Pregnant women
- Morbid Obesity - BMI>40
- Preschool children - clinics have been set up with our Treatment Room Nurses. Parents/guardians will receive letters inviting them to contact the surgery to make a suitable appointment.
- Primary School children will be offered the vaccine in school.
Window blind safety
Information on window blind safety at www.makeitsafe.org.uk
More information at the Child Accident Prevention Trust- search blind cord safety at www.capt.org.uk
or The Royal Society for Prevention of Accidents www.rospa.com/campaigns
Help for Dementia Patients and their Carer
Carers programme ARDS
ALERT- BOGUS TEXT MESSAGES
The HSCB has been made aware of instances on 23/24 August where 3 patients of a Belfast GP practice received text messages indicating that their registration with the practice was about to lapse and that they should phone the number provided within the message. This was a mobile number which, when called, was "not recognised".
The Belfast practice does not currently use text messaging to communicate with patients and has no idea who is contacting the patients or how their phone numbers were obtained.
If you know of any similar incidents please report them to the practice as we also do not use text messaging to contact patients.
How long should I keep my child off school?
Check out the recommendations from the Health Protection Agency below.
Guidance on infection control in schools and other childcare settings